To keep your orchid looking its best, follow these tips!
- About once a week, run room temperature water through the pot making sure that all roots are saturated.
- Be careful not to allow water to sit in the leaf crown or the bottom of the pot as this can cause mold and root rot.
- Allow the orchid to become almost dry in-between watering.
- Place in bright, indirect sunlight.
- Keep away from drafts or indoor heating. Changes in temperature can cause the orchid to prematurely lose its flowers.
- Do not cut the air roots.
- Continue to care for your orchid after it has bloomed to keep it alive and healthy through its dormancy phase. An orchid can take 6 - 9 months to rebloom.